1.09.2011

here we gogo

I've been researching and developing my ideas for "Educate Me!?" for a couple of years now. After a lot of talking, listening, reading, writing, pitching, and plenty of constructive revisions to these ideas along the way, my team and I are ready to finish this project with a whirlwind of filming and editing to be complete by summertime!

To help me keep this going as an independent production I've decided to use a grassroots campaign for fundraising and to get the job done! I've chosen Indiegogo to help me 'do it with others' (that is their motto) and make it easier for people to contribute in a variety of ways. ;)

I have posted the pitch and other info on our page www.indiegogo.com/Educate-Me. Along with this blog, the Indiegogo page will be the hub for finding out all that is new with the production over the next few months as I will post some video clips of interest to it often. They also offer a variety of helpful tools you can use to share the project with everyone you know...and of course you can easily make a donation to the project and take advantage of some VIP Perks!


What We Need & Why

The money raised thru Indiegogo (and thru donations made directly to Saucy Side Productions if you prefer) will be used to cover equipment rentals, legal fees, travel costs for our final destinations, payment for the hard work of my crew (can't ask everyone to volunteer all their time!) and other production costs I can't fund myself.

Please contact me at kathy@educate-me.ca if you are interested in further details regarding our budget.


Other Ways You Can Help

Aside from making a donation and taking advantage of one our great Indiegogo VIP perks (you know you want to!), we could really use your help spreading the word about the "Educate Me!?" project through your networks!

Feel free to use any of the sharing tools found on our Indiegogo page to ask your friends and family to make a donation and pass it on! The more people who 'like' us, 'share' us, 'join' us (on facebook) and 'tweet' about us, the better!! Virtual hugs and much gratitude for every person you pass this info forward to :)

To help us keep our costs low, another way you can help is by feeding our team or finding us comfy rooms to sleep in during our 3 month whirlwind of travel to collect our final footage and interviews (I'll do dishes to contribute in kind!). Contact me at kathy@educate-me.ca for more information if you think you can help us out with sustenance and good company along the way. Cheers!


Remember: visit www.indiegogo.com/Educate-Me to make a contribution of any size, use the tools to share the project with everyone you know, read the pitch, see the trailer (will be up soon) and for regular updates on the production of the documentary! There will also be many opportunities for you to add your voice to this project if you’re keen to do so...stay tuned for details!

Here we gogo! And with a little help from our friends (like you!) 2011 will be the year that “Educate Me!?” gets to spark some great national debate on whether Canadians feel education should be a public trust or a market choice.

I’m always happy to hear your thoughts, questions and suggestions – please keep that feedback coming friends. Many thanks for your continued support! :)
Be well
Kathy

No comments: